The work, including the materials and the labor required to fabricate YT products, is of the highest possible quality.
All inset frames shall be 3/4” min. solid wood, most with 1/4” beaded reveal prepared for inset doors and drawers. Infill (X) and Work Tables (WT) have 3/8” overlay door and drawer construction options.
Sides and Backs:
- Flush: 3/4” veneer plywood.
- Vertical board: 1/2” min. structural plywood panel faced w/ 1/4” solid wood 2” repeat beaded board fastened to 1/2” panel.
- Flat Panel: 3/4” solid frames w/ floating panel inserts.
- Random Board: 3/4” x random width solid wood boards
- Raised Panel: 3/4” solid frame w/ floating solid wood raised panel inserts.
- Column: 3/4” solid boards with routed 1/4” deep x 3/4” wide grooves.
7/8” routed front and rear (needed @ islands) Bases on 29” deep units shall be removable if required (custom request) Base leveling scribes are minimum 7/8” x ¼”.
Non-visible interior woods shall be stained the same as the exterior, except Stealth interiors are un-stained maple. Painted units shall have painted interiors. All plywood shelving shall have 1/4″ front edge band of solid wood in matching species. Adjustable shelving shall have L-shaped, friction fitted, concealed shelf supports fitting into a drilled multiple hole shelf support system.
- 2 ¾” high Small Cove and 4 1/4” high Large Cove made of molded solid wood.
- Straight: 4 1/4” high molded solid wood.
- Molding only: 1 1/2” high cap mould applied to the face of a unit to keep the over all height under 84”.
- Bar cornice: 5/8” diam. tubing and fitting system. Supports are not at corners but are inset from each corner with radius bend pieces. End caps are not required where unit meets the wall. Finishes are Bright Brass and Satin Nickel.
- Pediment and Dormer cornices: Flat surfaces to be plywood for stained finishes and MDF board for painted finishes. Battens and moldings to be solid wood.
Species: Stain grade Ponderosa Pine, Cherry, Mahogany, Maple and Quartersawn White Oak shall be offered as standard wood types. Special order woods shall be made available for custom orders. Unfinished ‘Gritty Pieces’ units available in all standard woods. Painted units shall be made of Maple. Wood tops shall be cherry and shall be made of 3” to 4” wide strips glued together. Stealth units can have Rift Sawn Oak and Black Walnut as standard wood types as well.
- Stained units shall be pre-sanded and stained with an oil based penetrating stain. Sealer and topcoats shall be post-catalyzed conversion varnish. Interiors shall be stained to match the exterior stain except painted units shall have painted interiors. Stealth models have natural maple interiors. Interiors shall then be sprayed with 2-coat system and sanded between coats. All stained finishes shall be a very low sheen.
- Wood solid tops shall be sealed on both sides with polyurethane . Finish shall be semi- gloss.
- Painted units shall be presanded, primed and sanded. All surfaces shall then be sprayed with opaque conversion varnish, followed by final sanding and finish coat of clear conversion varnish. Finish shall have a low sheen.
- All painted perforated aluminum grilles shall receive an opaque finish as described above.
Doors shall be offered in 5 basic types, check each unit type for available door styles;
- Flat Panel: 3/4” thick, 2 panel vertically divided panels with reverse solid panels.
- Metal Panel: 3/4” thick, 2 panel vertically divided panels with painted metal grille panels.
- Grid: 3/4” thick grid with a painted perforated aluminum insert.
- Louver: 1 1/4” thick vented louver (in pine or paint grade only)
- Raised Panel: Raised panel doors, are similar to flat panel doors, except they are reversed, so that the raised solid wood panels are exposed to view.
- Flush Wood: For Stealth Modules only, 3/4″ thick veneered MDF.
- Flush Laminate: For Stealth Modules only, Vertical Grade Formica Brand laminate glued to all surfaces of 3/4″ MDF.
Upper door panels can be replaced with clear, glass panels. Frames are typically 2 1/4” wide. Grid doors have 1” wide interior grid members. All doors are doweled and glued at all joints. Upper glass door styles include 1” muntin grilles or grid grilles to match the grid door pattern. The sliding glass doors of the ST series are ¼”laminated milk glass and ¼” clear ribbed (reeded) glass.
DRAWER AND TRAY TYPE:
Drawers shall be offered in two types; solid flush face and Recessed Panel; a flush panel recessed behind a molded edge. Drawers and trays shall have dovetail construction of 5/8” solid wood sides and 3/8” plywood bottoms.
- Units can be ordered without knob and pull hardware. Hinges and flipper door pulls must be selected.
- Wood knobs shall be shaker knobs. Knobs may be installed backwards for shipping.
- Pulls on the ST sliding glass doors are matte black or matte nickel.
- Armoire latch is solid brass. Flipper door pulls are semi-recessed wood, matte brass and matte nickel.
- Drawer slide hardware shall be under-mounted, full extension, self-closing slides. Rollout tray slide hardware shall be side mounted, epoxy coated, standard extension, self-closing slides.
- Hinges shall be bright brass, antique bronze, satin nickel or wrought iron 2 3/4” pin hinges. C_34 units shall have surface mounted “H” hinges in antique brass. All flipper doors and SZ unit doors shall have concealed hinges.